We are the International Alliance of Solution-Focused Teaching Institutes, IASTI, was established in Malmö, Sweden, on the 2nd of September 2010.
IASTI is an alliance and collaboration of solution-focused teaching institutes. The following purpose formulation was adopted at the Members annual meeting January 29, 2014.
The Purpose of IASTI
1) To be a professional platform for the qualified solution-focused teaching institutes to provide certification for their trainees.
The members of IASTI agree on the criteria in the following three areas to ensure the shared quality of training:
a) A basic structure for training in the solution-focused model that includes classroom training, supervision, and practice in the professional environment of the trainee
b) A shared standard for the certification in the solution-focused model* and the professional ethics involved of our trainees on three levels of knowledge and skills
c) A peer-institute quality control program** to guarantee that the IASTI member institutes both at admittance and continuing demonstrate a high competence in the solution-focused model and in quality training
*IASTI membership guarantees that the institute’s certificate training is based on the model defined by BFTC (always included) with its developments chosen by the individual IASTI institute from a wide spectrum of later contributions.
**The peer institute quality control program guarantees the IASTI member institutes’ competence and quality of training. This program involves all the IASTI member institutes and their trainers.
2) To support and contribute to the professional development of solution-focused practices.
3) To support the local and international organization of certified practitioners
4) To promote the teaching of the solution-focused approach in therapy, education, coaching, management and other fields.
5) To encourage research in solution-focused approaches.